Live In My Heart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PJA
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Live In My Heart   Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:03 am

Quote :
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live." (John 11:25)

There is a story of a missionary priest who told a remote village that he would baptize them and that they would have to go to confession once a week and eat fish on Friday. There was a very old man in the village. The priest baptized him and named him Anthony. Some time later, the people of the village said Anthony was not going to confession. So the priest went to see him. It was a Friday. When he found Anthony, he was cooking deer meat. The priest asked him why he was eating deer meat, and Anthony told the priest that he was a very old man, and that he had shot the deer with his bow and arrow. He told the priest that although he was very weak, he drug the deer to the river. There, he baptized the deer. And named him Fish in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

A humorous story, but it takes more than a little bit of water and a new name to bring someone into the Kingdom of God, doesn't it? It takes a savior who lives in our hearts moment by moment, day by day.

Quote :
God of peace, may Jesus Christ live in my heart every moment of everyday, as I work to live for you and your people. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Live In My Heart
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1