Share | 

His Letter To Us

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PJA
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: His Letter To Us   Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 am

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Colleen Townsend Evans tells about a moving dream a friend recounted to her. The dream began in a great, open room, filled with distraught and sorrowful people. As the people milled about, the door to the room opened and Jesus stepped in. He turned to a man nearby and asked, "What is the matter, My child?" The man replied that he wasted his life in chasing after business success. All his workaholism left no time for a relationship with the Lord. Jesus asked, "But didn't you get my letter?" The man seemed astonished that Jesus had written him a letter. Jesus said, "Oh yes, I wrote you a letter. I said, 'Consider the lilies of the field . . . how they grow. They toil not, neither do they spin . . . Seek you first My Kingdom . . . and all the things you need I will give to you.'" The man's anguished reply was, "My pastor told me of this letter, but I never knew you wrote it for me!"

Then Jesus approached a sobbing woman. She confessed that ever since her husband died she had spent her life in worrying, always fretting about the future and what it may hold for her. Jesus asked, "But, My child, didn't you read my letter?"

"You wrote me a letter, Lord? Surely, if you had written me a letter, I would have read it right away."

And Jesus answered, "But I know I wrote to you and said, 'Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted . . . Do not be anxious for tomorrow . . . I will give you whatever you need.'"

The woman recalled with a start that those were the very words the pastor quoted at her husband's funeral. Did Jesus really mean them to apply to her life?

"Oh, yes," Jesus replied, "I wrote that for you."

Jesus continued around the room, talking to each sorrowing person. In each case, he heard tales of people turning away from God to pursue riches, ambition, lusts, pride. And in every case, Jesus answered them with a letter meant specifically for their lives.

Have you read Jesus' letter?
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Loving God, thank you for your letter to me. May I take full advantage of reading it. Amen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

His Letter To Us
Page 1 of 1