House Of Faith Ministries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
House Of Faith Ministries

Welcome to our forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PJA
Admin
Admin
PJA

Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance?   Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance? EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:57 pm

When Jesus was arrested and taken to be crucified the Bible says, “Peter followed Him at a distance to the high priest’s courtyard. And he went in and sat with the servants to see the end” (Matthew 26:58). Many Christians in America today want to follow Jesus at a distance. They want to give themselves a little room—they want to watch which way the wind will blow before they are publicly seen too close to the Lord. When Jesus is portrayed in a good light or when it’s comfortable, they will stand next to Him. But if Jesus is going to be mocked or cursed or insulted, they want to stay back until they know how things will go. As this new year gets off to a start, it is a good time for each of us to examine the ways in which we may be trying to maintain a little space between us and our Lord. In whatever area of life it may be—don’t keep your distance. Remember, Jesus gives us a warning, “But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 10:33).
Back to top Go down
PJA
Admin
Admin
PJA

Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance? Empty
PostSubject: Get Close   Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:09 am

It is time for a close personnel relationship with God. That is what He desires from us.
Back to top Go down

Do You Follow Jesus From A Distance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House Of Faith Ministries :: Welcome To House of Faith Ministries :: Favorite Scripture-
Jump to: